Swimming with Whale Sharks
Swim and snorkel with the largest fish in the world!
Snorkel Alongside the World’s Largest Fish!
Swim and snorkel with the largest fish in the world! Huge (30 feet long!) and benign, whale sharks are true gentle giants. They’re filter feeders, not hunters, so swimming and snorkeling with whale sharks in Mexico is safe with Cabo Expeditions to guide you. From the quiet seaside town of La Paz on the Sea of Cortez, we’ll take you to a magical encounter. You’ll never forget this La Paz attraction that stands out among things to do in and around Cabo.
An awesome, close-up encounter awaits you with your Cabo Expeditions tour guide. As the whale-sized fish glides slowly through the water in search of plankton, you’ll be at their side. Swimming gently and slowly near the surface, these docile creatures allow you to approach them without risk.
You’ll close out the day’s adventure with a quick stop in the small, beautiful city of Todos Santos, known for its excellent surfing and quaint streets with wonderful, unique shops. (Notes: The transfer time between the city limits of Cabo San Lucas and La Paz is around 2.5 hours, plus 45 minutes to reach Costa Baja Marina, where you will check in for your main activity. You will be back in Los Cabos around 8:30 pm. Please take this into consideration when making dinner plans for the day of your tour.)
The whale sharks of La Paz, Mexico attract researchers, as well as snorkelers. Take a good photo of a whale shark, and send it to the Wildbook for Whale Sharks, an international scientific database!
From: $210 usd
Click button to check rates and important information about this Tour.
Your adventure starts here!
Once we receive your booking information, we'll assign you to an agent who will get in touch with you by e-mail to start the reservation process.
All our reservations are made by agents, not by automated processing.
Once you submit your request, we will contact you in no more than 24 hrs.
ALL THE TRANSACTIONS ARE PROTECTED BY PAYPAL
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to know more about our reservation services, please feel free to contact us.
- Adults: $210 usd. p/p.
- Kids age 8 to 10: $149 usd. p/p
- 9:30 a.m.
- October through April.
- Ages 8 years and up.
- 12 hrs. approx. including transfers.
- We require a minimum of 4 individuals to run the trip and we can accommodate up to 10 persons at a time.
- You will be picked up directly from your hotel by your chauffeur in our air-conditioned van.
- Estimated departure time from Los Cabos is 9:30 am; however, pick-ups may start as early as 8:30 am.
- Round-trip ground transportation.
- A certified guide
- Approximately 2.5 hours in the whale shark observation area
- Quick stop in Todos Santos, approximately 20 minutes
- All snorkel gear (wetsuit, snorkel, mask, fins, snorkel vest)
- Light snack
- Lunch on the beach
- Soft drinks and bottled water while in transit
- Gratuities Not Included.
What to wear / bring
- Wear your bathing suit under your clothes.
- An extra change of clothes is suggested along with sun protection, a towel, bio-degradable sunscreen, and a waterproof camera.
- We recommend that you have a solid breakfast before your tour and, if you like, bring an extra snack in case you need an energy boost during the day.
- Don´t forget to bring any medications or personal items you might need for the day
Requirements & Restrictions
- Minimum age is 8 years old. Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is not allowed for guests who are pregnant or those with heart, back and/or neck problems.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is allowed on the tour.
- Depending on weather and wind conditions, the boat ride can be bumpy and visibility may be affected.
Why we are your best option in Cabo?
- Cabo Free Concierge is a reservations company in Los Cabos that co-works with some of the best service providers in the area.
- Our main goal is to offer you the most professional and personalized attention as possible.
- We handle every reservation seriously and we do our best to meet your needs and expectations.
- Hands down, our prices are the lowest in the market.
- We work 24/7 all year round. Contact us anyday, anytime, we'll be happy to assist you.